Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Targeted Ketogenics...

Right, so after some reading, a lot of freaking reading, I've realized that the occasional post-WOD fast is OK. I've also learned that most of my carbs, even on a ketocentric nutritional program should be derived around the time of my WOD. A few before hand and a few during and/or after. This apparently increases insulin, but since you are burning the glucose, or should be, during the WOD, it reduces the efficacy of insulin to have drastic effects on the circulating glucose. I've read that this ought to help with DOMS, which I am seriously hurting from today. It's about day 4-5 on ketocentric and I think this targeted approach might help. 

Onward and upward, Knowing is half the battle.

2 comments:

  1. So the more I read about Ketogenic Diets (KDs), the better they sound. KD has beneficial effects on individuals with cancer, diabetes, obesity, GLUT1 deficiencies, TBI, hypoxia-ischemia, and neurodegeneration (Balietti et al., 2010).
    Very cool stuff man. Combined with If, like I said before, the benefits HAVE to be off the charts. All we need is some data to back it up, then we can write a book of our own and become famous. That means 6 figure checks and meeting Oprah. Keep on keeping on my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 figs sounds good, meeting at fat bitch oprah, not so much!

    ReplyDelete